On the 16th September 2021 the Civil Aviation Authority in Uganda updated the COVID -19 travel arrival and departure procedures which come into effect immediately.
1. All travellers whose body temperature is NOT above 37.5°C (99.5°F),do not have a persistent cough, difficulty in breathing or other flu-like symptoms; have negative COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test certificate carried out within 72 hours from the time of sample collection shall be allowed to enter or depart Uganda in compliance with categorisation in 3 below: i. Entebbe International Airport Port Health shall approve for arrival or departure a negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate undertaken within 72 hours from the time of sample collection. This excludes transit time at the terminal building. ii. For travellers presenting with COVID-19 signs and symptoms or other infectious disease will be subjected to secondary screening and will be taken for further management. If found to have an infectious disease, they will be taken for further management at the infectious disease hospital. iii. Travellers without a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate undertaken within 72 hours from the time of sample collection will not be allowed into Uganda. iv. Travellers departing EIA are required to know, understand, and interpret COVID-19 requirements of the country they are travelling to. v. Travellers who have had COVID-19 vaccination and hold a certificate must still present a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate taken within 72 hours from the time of sample collection to boarding aircraft. This is because the vaccine is not 100% protective and it also takes several days/weeks to begin protection. vi. Individuals who test positive to COVID-19 test shall be treated according to the Ministry of Health protocol for COVID- 2. All crew who want to enter Uganda shall have a valid negativeCOVID-19 PCR test after every 14 days. 3.i. All arriving passengers from category 2 will be subjected to a COVID -19 PCR test on arrival in Uganda in addition to the negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate taken within 72 hours from the time of sample collection to first embarkation. 3.ii. Affected countries include; a. Category 1- None b. Category 2- India,United States of America, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Turkey, SouthAfrica, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania and South Sudan. c. Category 3 – All countries not in Category 2. These will not be subject to COVID-19 PCR test.
3.iii. Individuals from Category2 countries (except India) who have received full COVID-19 vaccination and have no signs of COVID-19 will be exempted from the PCR tests. Travellers from India shall be subjected to mandatory PCR testing upon arrival irrespective of vaccination status.
4. A travelling child 3 years and below, accompanied by parents holding a negative COVID-19 PCR test is exempted from a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate.
5. Passengers travelling out of the country will be required to have a negative COVID-19 PCR test
Certificate taken within 72 hours from the time of sample collection. They will abide by the travel and health (including COVID-19) related requirements of the destination country.
6. Passengers arriving int he curfew time, and/or from districts beyond Kampala with a valid air ticket and boarding Pass shall be allowed to proceed to their hotels and/or residences.
7. Passengers departing in the curfew time, and or from districts beyond Kampala with a valid air ticket shall be allowed to proceed to their destination airport by presentation of the passenger ticket to the authorities as evidence of going to the airport.
8. Drivers should have evidence that they have come from the airport such as airport parking ticket or passenger ticket)to drop or pick up passengers.
To download the full document from the CAA please click the button below
Remember to check the Corona Virus Update page regularly to stay up to date with all the Uganda entry and departure requirements